Thursday, December 17, 2009
Stick to your New Year's Resolution!
Stick to your new year's resolution - here's how.
Calories Count when making that New Years Resolution to live healthier. Try these easy tips:
1. Take your weight and add a zero to the end. That's approximately how many calories you need to consume to maintain your weight.
2. To lose one pound you'll need to create a calorie deficit of 3,500 calories.
3. Limit your fat intake to 30% of your overall total calorie intake.
4. Don't worry about calories coming from foods without labels: fruits, vegetables, meats, etc.
5. Learn how to read the nutrition labels. Pay attention to the serving size and total calories. Opt for foods with nutrient values high in fiber and protein to increase metabolism.