Andrea Metcalf, Host of Fit Today and NBC 5 Fitness Team>A little goes a long way when you're trying to lose a few pounds. Here are some tips to burn those extra 10, 25, 35 calories (that's the same amount in a little Hershey's chocolate kiss!) Remember you have to create a deficit of 3500 calories to lose just one pound of bodyweight.
What can you do?
- Walk in place while on conference calls - It's called busy as a bee! Buzzzzz
- Pace the parking lot or train depot while waiting for your commute
- Sit up straight and use your core
- Be a kid and swing your legs or bounce your knees (it's not restless leg syndrome - it's burn baby burn!)
- Push away and return with your arms at your desk - works best with a chair on wheels. it wheely fun!
Get and go!