Andrea Metcalf, NBC 5 Fitness Team>Not only do I want Jen to succeed this year, BUT I want you to reach your goals! Here are 5 tips to Stay Motivated and live a healthier lifestyle:
1) GET A PARTNER GROUP OR SUPPORT - someone besides yourself that cares about you, is willing to call you out and keep your best interests in mind or someone who will do it with you! Everyone does better with teammates. I will be happy to help; just send me your email.
2) MAKE SMART GOALS - simple, measureable, acheiveable, realistic and timely. If you don't know where you are going, how are you going to get there? Write down your goal and how you're going to get there!
3) LIST THREE STEPS - Give yourself three ideas of how you are going to reach your goal. A) exercise at least 20 minutes everyday B) eat a sensible breakfast c) drink water throughout the day
4) REWARDS MATTER - Reward yourself each week with something that re-inforces your goal! New gym shoes after a month. A heart rate monitor after a week. A wonderful salad form your favorite restaurant.
5) MAKE IT FUN! If you don't like doing it -- you won't continue with it forever. FIND something that you like. There are so many activities that you can try from ellipticals to yoga, from spinning to pilates, so don't limit yourself.
GET IT DONE AND MEET YOUR GOALS!